We are on the hunt for an experienced Senior Designer to join our tight-knit, award winning creative team.
At Kingdom & Sparrow, we’re committed to an ethical and sustainable way of working and partner with like-minded global brands with specialisms in branding for food, drink and lifestyle brands. Ultimately, our shared ambition is to offer consumers a better choice.
We value craftsmanship and imagination, and our design team comes from a range of creative backgrounds, from illustrators to artists, as well as traditional graphic design.
Being an independent agency gives us the freedom to be more agile when it comes to our creative process and gives our team opportunities to work in areas they wouldn’t normally get to be part of. This allows us to push the boundaries of the creative output.
We also believe that the wellbeing of our team and a positive working environment is crucial to producing our most creative work, and so a good work/life balance is something we value highly.
What we’re looking for
Our Senior Designer will not only contribute and lead on outstanding creative work, they will help to develop our team, sharing knowledge and expertise and setting the standard for our brand work. They’ll be happy to learn and get involved in all aspects of design work too – from concept to artworking.
The Senior Designer role is responsible for the creation of original and fresh responses to briefs, defining the visual aspects of a brand, setting design direction and overseeing the design process from ideas through to delivery. Your passion for design will provide the visual standards for the brands and clients you work with. Working closely with the senior creative team, you will use your imagination and flair to create inspirational design that helps solve business problems for your brands and clients.
You will respond to creative briefs and make sure everything aligns to the big creative idea, using design to increase the clarity and ease with which ideas and stories are communicated. As a Senior Designer you will be client facing, needing to demonstrate a flair and passion for presenting creative concepts.
A strong applicant will have:
- 4+ years industry experience as a designer in the brand and packaging world with a variety of clients from challenger brands to legacy clients.
- An impactful portfolio that demonstrates great process and execution. Clear demonstration of craft and strategic thinking are highly valued.
- A knowledge of print processes and production.
- Strong communication skills, able to articulate their ideas both internally to the team and externally to our clients.
- Proven leadership skills with experience in guiding a team.
- The ambition and ability to work very collaboratively with our whole team and clients.
- Artworking experience.
- An understanding of the digital design landscapes that brands are bought to life in.
- Demonstrable brand world development and campaign design.
- A knowledge of working to sustainable development goals and with sustainable materials.
- Actively lead design projects, large and small responding to strategic work to produce cohesive creative solutions that challenge expectations.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines to a consistently high standard.
- Contribute knowledge and expertise to support, guide and inspire the wider team.
- Create and develop world-class branding and design work.
- Bring brand assets to life through brand world, experiences and activations.
- Maintain an eye for craft and a keen attention to detail in all projects, from start to finish.
The Old Art School, Falmouth, Cornwall.
Continuous creative collaboration is key to this role, so we want someone who can work with our team full-time in our Falmouth studio. However, for the right person we would consider hybrid working – part time in the studio, part-time from home.
- The chance to grow, nurture and have real impact on an ambitious agency
- A team dedicated to putting people and purpose before profits
- An Employee Assistance Programme for wellbeing
- 20 days of holiday + public holidays + our annual Christmas break
- Free gym membership
- A health insurance cash plan
- An absolutely fantastic team (with a well-stocked beer fridge)
Please send us your CV, portfolio and a covering letter to our strategy director Sophie, [email protected], in the first instance if you think you’d be a great fit for the role and the company.
We highly encourage people of any background, age or gender, minority group or LGBTQ+ to apply for this role.