- Sift the flour into a bowl an add 2 tbsp sunflower oil.
- Gradually whisk in Rebel Brewing Cornish Sunset, stopping when your batter has a nice thick consistency.
- Get rid of any lumps, season well with salt and pepper, then leave it to rest for 30 minutes.
- Fill a pan with the rest of the sunflower oil and heat until it reaches 160°C.
- Dip your hake strips into the batter and lower them into the hot oil, in small batches. Fry the hake for 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
- Scoop them out and transfer to a warm dish lined with kitchen paper. Keep them warm while you fry the remaining fish
- Serve straight away with hand cooked chips and tartare sauce.
- 200g plain flour
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1L sunflower oil
- 250ml Cornish Sunset, The Rebel Brewing Co
- 2 Fillets of Cornish hake, cut into strips