- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onion and apple. Cook for 3-4 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the thyme and the beans and season well.
- Pour in the Thornborough Cider and the stock, bring to the boil and simmer until the onions are tender.
- Take out the thyme sprigs, add the parsley and liquidise until smooth.
- Pour out a light but warming cider and butterbean soup and serve with granary bread and butter.
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tin butter beans, drained
- 1 cooking apple, cored and chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 240ml/8fl oz Thornborough Cider
- 340ml/12fl oz vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper